Monday, August 4, 2008

My boy is sick

The Bug is rarely sick. In his almost-two years of life, he's puked twice, had no ear infections, and only one major fever that took us to the doctor. This is Fever II. He was fine all day, then around 4pm, he just climbed in my lap and put his head down on my shoulder. Now, if you've ever been around an almost-two year old, you would understand that this is strange, strange behavior. Sure enough, the mom-test of a cheek to the forehead and a cool hand to his back confirmed that he was warmer than usual. A trusty ear thermometer confirmed: 103.1 in one ear, 102.6 in the other ear.

And so, doses of Tylenol, a sleepless night, and a call to the Nurse's Hotline later, Bug is home with The Husband, and last I saw, they were snoring in unison on my mother-in-law's couch. The Husband is being SuperDad and I'm sure many, many Otter Pops will be consumed over the next 4 hours, at which time, Grandma will get home from work, dote on Bug and The Husband, feed them lunch and then head back to work. Naps will ensue, and we'll see if Motrin and Tylenol are as good as they claim.

Which brings me to the question: Is my son old enough for Children's Tylenol? He will be 2 in one week. Infant Tylenol is for children ages 6 months - 23 months. Children's Tylenol is for children ages 2-12 years. Children's Tylenol is $3 cheaper. It's my kid's health, so I went the Infant route until I can check with the pediatrician next week, but sheesh, this health thing is a racket, eh?

Oh...before I forget: Today, I am happy to be at work, while The Husband is being SuperDad, because a day with a sick kiddo is much more exhausting than a sleepless night with a sick kiddo.

No comments: